I spent the whole day in Cupar today invigilating Colin’s exhibition, so in order to make the best of the time, I took up all the bits and pieces I needed to make a new lot of button charm bracelets.
I’ve been busy making lots of things for my up and coming craft fairs in November and one idea I wanted to try was to make a cluster ring to match the cluster necklaces and earring I’ve been making – more on those later.
I managed to source some really lovely small silver cake forks the other day and at my jewellery class last night made five rings from them.
Well I started my Silver Jewellery Creation course on Friday and the first thing I wanted to do was make a ring from one of the sterling silver teaspoons I bought in Edinburgh last week.
Following on from my ring making frenzy, I decided to make a bangle for a friend of mine. I realised that if I formed the swirl on the ring in the opposite direction, it would look like an ‘S’ and that just happens to be my friends initial…
I decided to make rings today – follow a few tutorials in a book that I borrowed from the library and get comfortable with working with different thicknesses of wire and have a good old play and see what I come up with. It was tons of fun and I want to make more, but […]
We’re going to Ireland at the weekend and it just happens to be Eileen’s [Colin’s mum] Birthday. So I decided it would be nice to make her a brooch from some of my vintage buttons.
With the first brooch finished, I asked Colin to take some photo’s of it this morning as I needed some decent shots of the brooch for the Heriot-Toun website. I wanted to show it off in all it’s glory and my little camera just isn’t up to the job. So we took quite a few […]
I have had no end of bother with my electronic bits and pieces. The soldering didn’t work so I ordered some air dry clay and moulded one dome to do as a test. I plunged the electronics through and positioned them the way I wanted them and then left it to dry out over night, […]
Today I set about finishing off the bases for all three brooches, which meant soldering the bezels of the two larger brooches onto copper bases. Things get trickier the larger the area requiring to be soldered and the largest base took three attempts to get it complete. Luckily the medium sized brooch was an absolute […]