Milomade is committed to protecting your personal data
What data do I collect?
I collect several types of data from you when you use this website:
This type of data identifies you as an individual and is collected when you register with this website as a customer and includes your first name, last name and username.
This includes your email address, your billing address, your delivery address as well as your phone number.
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone, setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
This includes details about the items you have purchased, the orders you’ve placed, the payment processor used, the time and date of your orders as well as your IP address at the point of ordering.
Non Personal Usage Data
Non personal usage refers to data that does not reveal your identity – this can be collected via cookies and tracking systems in place such as Google Analytics.
Please refer to Section XX for more information about this.
How do I collect your data?
Most of this information is collected from you directly, for example, Identity Data, Contact Data, Comment Data and Transaction Data when you fill in forms, correspond with me by email, phone, post or otherwise when you:
- create an account on this website
- purchase products from me
- subscribe to my newsletter
- request marketing, promotional material or information to be sent to you
- enter a competition, promotion or survey
- give me some feedback in the form of a testimonial
However, data can also be collected from:
- automated technologies, such as cookies which collect Technical Data about your equipment and browsing activities.
- providers of technical, payment services, such as PayPal
- analytics providers [such as Google, based outside the EU]
- a third party with your consent (e.g. your bank)
I do not collect any special categories of personal data.
These include sensitive personal information such as details about your race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, political affiliation and sexual orientation.
How and why do I use your data?
The data collected via this website is used for a variety of reasons and in several different ways.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer this website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send you goods purchased via the website;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send out newsletters and other communications relating to Milomade by email or similar technology – you can opt out at any time;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- Keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.